Teresa Duncan joins Alan to talk about the recently legal action taken by the American Dental Association against Delta Dental. Teresa’s company is Odyssey Management where she used to be primarily a consultant. Now she spends most of her time educating dental teams about all things dental insurance!
This timely topic is a “must hear” for all dentists and their teams. Teresa features an in depth discussion about the lawsuit on her own podcast, “Nobody Told Me That with Teresa Duncan.”
- So what does this lawsuit mean for me?
- The three main points of the lawsuit:
- market allocation conspiracy
- price fixing conspiracy
- revenue restriction conspiracy
- a monopsony is a market structure in which a single buyer substantially controls the market as the major purchaser of goods and services offered by many would-be sellers.
- The CEO pay gap between Delta and other “for profit” companies
- Delta Dental “reserves”
- Claims processors = data collection for insurance companies
- Speculation on what might happen with this lawsuit
- Al pitches the ADA on a podcast
Some links from the show:
Teresa’s book, “Moving Your Patients to Yes: Easy Insurance Conversations”
The Top 5 Reasons to go to VoD (January 24-25th at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas!)
- Our amazing speaker lineup!
- Enova Illumination is bringing the Zumax microscopes! Also custom, made-in-the-USA loupes and headlamps!
- Over 25 podcasters doing their live podcasting thing!
- Dr. Mark Costes’ biceps
- Scottsdale, AZ in January!
The Voices of Dentistry is just over two months away! We have an amazing speaker line up, some very exciting exhibitors and the best party in all of dentistry! Go check it out and register at www.voicesofdentistry.com!
The Dental Hacks Nation closed Facebook group has 28,000 members! Head over there to interact with other Dental Hacks listeners, guests and Brain Trust members every day, all day! Remember…if you don’t have anything “dental” on your FB page, we might decline your membership request. So IM the group or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
YAPI can help make all of your holiday dreams come true! Jason was dreaming of smooth and effortless front desk efficiency and a giant YAPI puppy explained how his dreams could be reality! Go get your own YAPI puppy by getting a demo at dentalhacks.com/YAPI. It’s a funny name but serious software!
Go Hack Yourself
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at email@example.com or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. Or, if you prefer…give us a call at (866) 223-5257 and leave us a message. You might be played in the show! If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the Dental Hacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Although the show will always remain free to download, our Patreon supporters get access to special bonus content including (at least) one extra podcast episode every months! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Hacks Nation.