Jason and Alan were joined by the one and only Dr. Arun Garg for an enlightening Facebook Live last weekend. It turns out that not only is Arun a widely followed implant educator he’s also a multiple practice owner! And guess what…he’s been closed down like the rest of us! The Dental Hacks have a lively talk about what we’ve been doing to prepare to reopen our practices after the COVID crisis. Some of the topics we talked about include:
- Who’s winning during the COVID era?
- How has his educational curriculum been affected?
- How did Arun decide to close all 6 of practices and how did that go?
- Dr. Garg on air filtration
- The problem with the recommendations from the CDC/OSHA (no data)
- Security theater (are n95 masks forever?)
- Dr. Garg’s experience with the HIV scare
- Who can get out and who has to stay?
- Al’s new webinar: “How to Fake Your Own Death”
- Arun’s plan to ramp up to a normal volume of patients
- In increase in deaths of despair
- Jason’s surgical caps
- What are Jason and Arun doing to be ready to open
- Arun’s experience with a dental operating microscope
- Using a microscope for oral surgery
- Getting PPE is a mess/getting your team to wear it is also a mess
- Treatment planning and case presentation in the COVID era
Some links from the show:
Go Hack Yourself:
Jason: Pure and Clean
Al: Garmin Vivoactive 4
The Dental Hacks Nation closed Facebook group has 29,000 members! Head over there to interact with other Dental Hacks listeners, guests and Brain Trust members every day, all day! Remember…if you don’t have anything “dental” on your FB page, we might decline your membership request. So IM the group or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Everyone always says you need to take time to work ON your business, not just in your business. A lot of us still have a lot of downtime due to the coronavirus and limitations from state to state. You know that infection control is going to be looked at more closely now than ever and you know that Zirc is here to help you with organization, efficiency and infection control! Zirc wants to help you get organized and they can help your cash flow with their “organize now, pay later” program. Here’s how it works! First you complete a FREE, no obligation virtual consultation with a Zirc Clinical Efficiency Expert who will help crate a custom plan on how to organize your practice to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness with infection control. Next, you select the products you want to use in your office. Finally, order your stuff and the payment will be deferred until November 2020! Please note…this is for orders over $500. So you can organize now and pay later with Zirc. Go check out the program at dentalhacks.com/paylater!
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at email@example.com or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. Or, if you prefer…give us a call at (866) 223-5257 and leave us a message. You might be played in the show! If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the Dental Hacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Although the show will always remain free to download, our Patreon supporters get access to special bonus content including (at least) one extra podcast episode every months! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Hacks Nation.