The Dental Hacks return for 2021 with a powerhouse interview featuring Dr. Rob Ritter! Some highlights:
- Spear Summit 2019 highlights (where Jason and Alan met Rob in person for the first time)
- It’s been just about a year since we’ve had major dental meetings…Rob’s thoughts on how CE comes back and what changes
- Hot vaccine talk
- Rob discusses “The Protocol,” a new small group comprehensive restorative “in office” course by Ritter and Ramsey! (two dates already sold out!) (Next date is November 5-6th, 2021)
- Dental partnerships…can they work?
- Office renovations…built to give a great course!
- Social media pros and cons…enjoy the journey, there is no destination
- The Peaceful Practice Podcast
- The lecturing lifestyle isn’t as glamorous as it’s cracked up to be
- Rob designed “The Protocol” to keep him off the road. Bring people that want to learn to him!
- Jedis vs. Sith Lords
- Which “x” should I buy? It depends on what you’re going to do with it. Be honest about what you’re using it for.
- Rob and Al talk about microscopes
- Rob on sticking to your vision
- Building a brand even in dental school
Some links from the show:
Dental Hacks Deals!:
Dental Hacks Medit i500 deal! (starting at $17k + lab credit, rebate gets bigger the more our group takes advantage!) Email us at email@example.com and use “Medit” in the subject line or tab Jason on Facebook.
Enova Illumination has an amazing Dental Hacks discount on loupes and lights. Get that information at: https://form.jotform.com/210247991392056
Be sure to get your Dental Hacks pricing at Crazy Dental by using coupon code: DHN10
The Dental Hacks Nation closed Facebook group has 29,000 members! Head over there to interact with other Dental Hacks listeners, guests and Brain Trust members every day, all day! Remember…if you don’t have anything “dental” on your FB page, we might decline your membership request. So IM the group or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
New Product Alert! Smart Scheduling by YAPI is here to help you keep your appointment books full and gain more new patients with online booking that is in YOUR control. Easily configure your accepted insurances, operatory/provider availability, and scheduling rules to match your unique workflows. Only qualified new patients can book their visit when they confirm their insurance – they can even take a photo from their phone! Your existing patients will have the easiest way to book their next cleaning when Smart Scheduling includes a link via text or email reminders automatically sent by YAPI. Dentrix users get first dibs on Smart Scheduling, but it will soon be available for Open Dental and Eaglesoft as well. Learn more at https://yapiapp.com/online-scheduling
Continuing Education in the time of pandemic has gotten interesting. And Cosmedent is here for it! They’ve figured out a way to bring their amazing, hands on courses and instructors to you…but now done remotely! For instance, Dr. Corky Willhite will be giving his incomparable “Ultimate Esthetics with Composite: The Basics of Layering to Advanced Techniques” course on February 25-26th! Every patient can’t afford porcelain, and most people don’t want their teeth “drilled down.” Composite provides fully functional restorations whether it’s a Class IV, diastema closure, shade change, adding length, or many other changes. How does it work? The course goes from 9am-1pm on Thursday and Friday. You can purchase just the course or (and this is what you should do) you can get the course AND all of the course materials that Corky will be using in the hand on exercises! You’ll even have a chance for one on one interaction with Corky to make sure you’re really getting it. If you’re looking to up your composite esthetics game there is no one better to learn from than Dr. Corky Willhite! And Cosmedent’s virtual live courses are a game changer. Be sure to check it out at dentalhacks.com/ultimateesthetics!
Go Hack Yourself
Alan: Night Stalker on Netflix
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at email@example.com or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the Dental Hacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Dental Hacks Nation.