Zirconia is widely used. Many love it, some hate it. But there aren’t many people that know more about it than the one and only Dr. Mike DiTolla! Mike joins Jason and Alan to answer questions from the Dental Hacks Nation about all things zirconia! Some topics we cover:
- Mike’s shoulder surgery experience and why you shouldn’t feel too bad about missing a block again.
- How Mike invented zirconia (Al’s word, not his)
- Is zirconia too strong?
- Can you bond zirconia? And how does that work?
- How does the lab approach zirconia (e.g.–die space, etc.)
- 30 micron margins! Crown margins = really narrow class V restoration
- Best ways to adjust zirconia (water on, very fine diamond)
- Mike and Josh Austin’s AMAZING performances at VoD 2020!
- What is zirconia’s Kryptonite and why do we have to clean zirconia before cementing/bonding?
- Best way to open an access/drill a hold into a zirconia crown and how to repair
- Blended zirconia materials
- Will zirconia eventually take over?
- Cementing vs. bonding
- The Lipscomb Scale of how much it sucks to remove zirconia crowns
- How to get some free polishing and cementing tools from Ivoclar-Vivadent
Some links from the show:
The Dental Hacks Nation closed Facebook group has 28,000 members! Head over there to interact with other Dental Hacks listeners, guests and Brain Trust members every day, all day! Remember…if you don’t have anything “dental” on your FB page, we might decline your membership request. So IM the group or email us at email@example.com!
Organization is so important in all facets of your dental office. You have systems for your front desk. But what about systems for how you handle your clinical set ups? There are a ton of systems for organizing instruments, but our friends at Zirc make it easy for you to pick what’s exactly right for you! Zirc has a process that they call ZOBE. That stands for Zirc’s Organizational Box of Efficiency. They send a big box full of their different instrument organization options to YOUR OFFICE. You get to try it all out. Snap the tops on the tubs. Put cassettes in your own sterilizer. Try out YOUR instruments in whatever cassette you like! Plus, Zirc sets you up with your own organizational expert to help you determine what’s right for you. Also, if you do a ZOBE consultation by April 17, 2020…you’ll be in the running for a $300 Amazon gift card! Find out more at dentalhacks.com/ZOBE!
Happy St. Hacky’s Day! YAPI is celebrating this grand holiday with an iPad giveaway! All you have to do is head over to the Dental Hacks Nation and “like” or comment on the thread featuring the adorable YAPI puppy in his St. Patrick’s Day finest! Everyone knows that YAPI are the paperless people and they want to help you get paperless with this amazing iPad giveaway! Go check it out on the Dental Hacks Nation!
Go Hack Yourself
Jason: Mevo Start streaming camera
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. Or, if you prefer…give us a call at (866) 223-5257 and leave us a message. You might be played in the show! If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the Dental Hacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Although the show will always remain free to download, our Patreon supporters get access to special bonus content including (at least) one extra podcast episode every months! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Hacks Nation.