Everyone talks about delegation. It sounds great, but it’s not as easy to do as you would think. Dr. Gina Dorfman is a person who gets a lot of things done. We talk about a lot of things in this short podcast. Here are a few of them:
- Perfectionism isn’t a good thing. On the whole, it’s a bad thing. It keeps you from starting because you might not make it perfect.
- Done is almost always better than perfect.
- Al gets therapeutic about podcast production
- Do things that you like to do the most. Not only that you’re good at, but you ENJOY doing.
- Finding the right people to delegate to is worth it
- Why being on Facebook isn’t always a waste of time
- Finding associates on the beach in Hawaii
- Training is the most important part of delegation
- If everyone always disappoints you, it’s probably you
- Can your office run without you?
- Are you a micromanager?
Gina is the inventor/owner of YAPI which is a 3rd party software that helps dentists make their practice management software better. Some links from the show:
The Titans of Dentistry (both Gina and Al are Titans, apparently)
Your office has to do a LOT of stuff. You’ve got to take in and organize a ton of patient information and make sure it shows up in the right place at the right time. You’ve got to be able to communicate throughout your office at any time, yet you need to do it discreetly. As much as you wish you didn’t have to…you need to remind your patients of their appointments and try to avoid broken and failed appointments. You have to reactivate the patients that have fallen through the recall cracks. And in 2019…you have to be able to ask your loyal patients for reviews in the right places like Google, Facebook and Yelp. Our friends at YAPI have solutions for all of this and more! And they can do it paperlessly! Check out all that YAPI can do for you at dentalhacks.com/YAPI. It’s a funny name, but it’s serious software!
Our friends at Microcopy want to help you get a handle on your interproximal adjustments! Have you ever struggled with figuring out the right place to adjust the interproximals of your crowns? Microcopy has created a very slick and simple solution that they call Proxichek! The best news…you can try it for free at dentalhacks.com/Proxi-chek! Get a handle on adjustments with Proxi-chek!