Alan talks with the incomparable Irene Iancu about podcasting, her new practice and practicing dentistry in the COVID era! Some highlights from the episode:
- What is going to happen with dental meetings moving forward?
- Irene is a hygienist that also owns and runs her own dental office
- How did COVID affect her buildout and her startup?
- Would she recommend going on the news to talk about PPE in the COVID era? (spoiler: NO!)
- How did she put systems in place?
- How did Irene (a hygienist) interview doctors to work in her practice?
- Using local Facebook mom groups to market your practice (this is GOLD!)
- An office where you “eat what you kill.”
- Is it important that patients know who OWNS the office?
- Irene is going back to school!
- Irene’s dog Lou is the smartest dog in the world
- Irene is a Nomad pioneer in Canada!
- Irene’s hiring tips
- Irene’s FIRING tips
- What would she have told herself if she could go back in time and change something about opening her practice?
Some links from the show:
The Dental Hacks Nation closed Facebook group has over 29,000 members! Head over there to interact with other Dental Hacks listeners, guests and Brain Trust members every day, all day! Remember…if you don’t have anything “dental” on your FB page, we might decline your membership request. So IM the group or email us at email@example.com!
Mr. Thirsty One step is the only bite block isolation/evacuation unit on the market that plugs directly into your HVE! No special hardware and no chance for cross contamination! It effectively reduces aerosols, creates a SUPER dry field and is really easily adjusted for patient comfort! Our friends at Zirc are giving members of the Dental Hacks Nation a special buy to 25 packs and get one 25 pack free! Use promo code HACKS21 through September 2020. Go check it out at dentalhacks.com/thirsty!
The 2020 Cellerant Best of Class Awards were announced. What is the Cellerant Best of Class Award you ask? Well imagine if there was an Oscar for dental products and services. Thought leaders and clinicians vote on the best and most innovative products in dentistry and our friends at YAPI received a “Best of Class Technology Award!” YAPI provides paperless and automation software to dentists and boasts the longest track record for integrated patient forms that read and write data with dental practice management software. Since 2010, YAPI has evolved into a comprehensive system that also includes patient communication, reputation management, intra-office chat, and VoIP integration. So admit it…you’re impressed, right? Well you should be! And you should go check out what YAPI can do for your practice at dentalhacks.com/YAPI! Congratulations guys! You deserve it!
Go Hack Yourself:
Jason: The Madness of Crowds
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. Or, if you prefer…give us a call at (866) 223-5257 and leave us a message. You might be played in the show! If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the DentalHacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Although the show will always remain free to download, our Patreon supporters get access to special bonus content including (at least) one extra podcast episode every months! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Hacks Nation.