Jason and Alan are joined by the incomparable Dr. Gina Dorfman and Dr. Melissa Zettler for a rousing round of “what would you do?” We asked the Dental Hacks Nation to come up with interesting and challenging scenarios for this Brain Trust to kick around and we think you’ll like what we’ve come up with! We discussed:
- How to refer, relationships with specialists and how owner dentists need to explain how they want this done to those associates that they’re working with
- What do you do with people that ask about expensive treatments that you know from history and their monetary situation that they have absolutely zero intention of following through with?
- What do you do when a medical doctor tells you to stay in your lane when you want a kid assessed for apnea?
- What would you do if a hygiene patient from earlier in the day called the office and wanted to talk to the doctor. When the doc comes to the phone the patient explains that they didn’t feel that the hygienist was using proper COVID protocols/PPE?
- You’ve diagnosed a cavity clinically and radiographically on the distal of #3. Treatment planned a DOL filling to close the contact which was packing food. As you prepare, you realize that the decay goes quite gingival and placing a direct restorative is going to be a mess. Patient is expecting a filling. What do you do?
- What do you do when you find out a team member is sleeping with a patient?
- When you identify that a child is a victim of abuse, how do you proceed?
Some links from the show:
The Dental Hacks Nation closed Facebook group has 29,000 members! Head over there to interact with other Dental Hacks listeners, guests and Brain Trust members every day, all day! Remember…if you don’t have anything “dental” on your FB page, we might decline your membership request. So IM the group or email us at email@example.com!
Our friends at YAPI have a bundle that they call “the Works” that can do a LOT of stuff! Intraoffice communication, paperless forms, patient reminders, managing reviews…it really is THE WORKS! It will replace multiple services you’re already paying for and it will likely cost you less! And even bigger news! YAPI is having an AMAZING Black Friday sale staring November 27th going all the way through cyber week! You’ll save $25/month on “The Works” package for an entire year AND they’ll waive the set up fees! This is a deal that should not be missed…starting on Friday, November 27th going all the way through Cyber week!
Check out all that YAPI can do for you at dentalhacks.com/YAPI. It’s a funny name, but it’s serious software!
We’ve talked a LOT about the Mr. Thirsty One Step. You probably know that it’s the only combination bite block and suction solution that is 100% single use. You don’t need any special hardware to use Mr. Thirsty One Step. It plugs directly into your high volume suction and you’re good to go! You also probably know that it’s easy to alter to fit any patient. You get hands-free retraction of the cheek and tongue and a SUPER dry field all in one single use package! What you might not know is how well it reduces spatter and aerosols! In fact, a recent study performed by the Dental Advisor indicated that Mr. Thirsty One Step performs more like high volume suction in the hands of a skilled assistant than any other device! If you haven’t tried Mr. Thirsty One Step, we think it’s time you should! Go get yourself a trial kit at dentalhacks.com/mrthirstytrial and see if it doesn’t make your life a lot easier!
Go Hack Yourself
Melissa: Neck Fix
Alan: Purple 2 Mattress
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. Or, if you prefer…give us a call at (866) 223-5257 and leave us a message. You might be played in the show! If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the Dental Hacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Although the show will always remain free to download, our Patreon supporters get access to special bonus content including (at least) one extra podcast episode every months! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Hacks Nation.