Dr. Mike Skramstad and Dr. Meena Barsoum are part of the team at CEREC Doctors and they sat down to talk with Jason and Al! We talk about the history of CEREC and education in the chariside CAD/CAM world. This history is very interesting and the future is even more so! Some of the topics we discussed:
- Is German a harder language to learn than Spanish?
- Does Rich Rosenblatt thing Meena is the worst student he’s ever had?
- How many CEREC mills do they actually have at CEREC Doctors (spoiler alert: it’s 36!)
- What’s the sweet spot for length of video?
- When did the hands on courses switch to Primescan?
- Is now the very best time to be a CEREC dentist?
- What’s the future of CEREC software? Will it ever be separate from the hardware?
- Will milling outside of the CEREC ecosystem always be for experts?
- Implant workflows in the CEREC system (milling custom healing abutments anyone?)
- How has seeing CEREC failures helped with preparation styles?
- What is a “ghost contact?”
- How much are user concerns/suggestions taken into account for software/hardware upgrades?
- Edentulous arches with CEREC Primescan and digital dentures
- Is CEREC Doctors an international phenomenon?
- Accept vs. Exceed vs. Level 2
- The different classes you can take at CEREC Doctors
Some links from the show:
New Product Alert! Smart Scheduling by YAPI is here to help you keep your appointment books full and gain more new patients with online booking that is in YOUR control. Easily configure your accepted insurances, operatory/provider availability, and scheduling rules to match your unique workflows. Only qualified new patients can book their visit when they confirm their insurance – they can even take a photo from their phone! Your existing patients will have the easiest way to book their next cleaning when Smart Scheduling includes a link via text or email reminders automatically sent by YAPI. Dentrix users get first dibs on Smart Scheduling, but it should be available for Open Dental by the end of Apri! Plus…they’re having an amazing sale with NO SET UP COSTS in April 2021! Learn more at https://yapiapp.com/online-scheduling
Cosmedent’s Mirror Image is a provisional material that does EVERYTHING. Fast setting times, margins are crisp and easy to trim and it polishes like a dream! Available in a wide variety of shades and two different sizes: dispensing gun and syringe! Go check it out at dentalhacks.com/mirrorimage! If you try it you’ll love it!
Crystal HD Mirrors are the brightest view in dentistry! They’re amazingly bright and if you try them, you’ll never go back! And now Zirc is giving members of the Dental Hacks Nation an amazing deal at dentalhacks.com/CrystalHD!
Go Hack Yourself
Alan: Enova Illumination
If you have any questions or comments for us please drop us an email at email@example.com or find us (and like us!) at www.facebook.com/dentalhacks. Or, if you prefer…give us a call at (866) 223-5257 and leave us a message. You might be played in the show! If you like us, why not leave us a review on iTunes? It helps us get found by like minded people and might even help us get into “What’s Hot” in the iTunes store! Go to this link and let the world know about the Dental Hacks! Finally, if you aren’t an Apple person, consider reviewing us on Stitcher at: stitcher.com/podcast/the-dentalhacks-podcast!
If you would like to support the podcast you can check out our Patreon page! Although the show will always remain free to download, our Patreon supporters get access to special bonus content including (at least) one extra podcast episode every months! Also be sure to check out the Dental Hacks swag store where you can find t-shirts, stickers coffee mugs and all sorts of other things that let the world know you’re a part of the Hacks Nation.